When are Flashes & Floaters cause for worry?
Contact your eye doctor immediately if you notice any of the following conditions, they may be a sign of a retinal tear or detachment.
- A sudden increase in size and number of floaters
- A sudden appearance of flashes
- A shadow or dark curtain appearing in the side of your field of vision.
- A gray curtain moving across your field of vision
- A sudden decrease in your vision
What are Floaters?
You may have noticed small shadows in your eyes that float about in your field of vision. They can look like dots, threads or curvy lines. They do not follow your eye movements precisely, and usually drift when your eyes stop moving.
They are more visible when you look at a bright background, like white paper or a sunny sky.